Sunday 4 November 2012

"Just Another Love Story" ( scene 5 )


Scene 5 : “Confusion”

It was Monday. I had overslept that day and missed the morning sessions. I left home a bit late in the noon, and reached my class at around 1 o’clock. The first hour of the noon session was that of Computer Science and as always, we will be joined by the Stats Batch. Yes! I have another hour to look at my Anamika. But, that day I had decided to approach her and know more about her. I had done all my rehearsals on my way to college. The session was to begin at 1.15 and almost everyone was in the room already. I entered the class room and went directly to my friends who were sitting on a desk at the far end of the class, near the window. They seemed to be having some good time. There was something interesting going on there that afternoon.

Me: “hey Guys! What is going on? Seems like you had a great Bird Watching session in the afternoon?”

Vinay: “Yes, Dude. It was actually a great one. Some of us have found our targets and were discussing about that. Good you are here.”

Me: “OMG! I should have been there. Anyways, tell me more.”

Arjun: “Deepak is looking at Disha, from our batch.  Rithesh is going for Pooja”

Me: “Pooja? That same girl you spoke that afternoon? Her uncle is in Police isn’t it? How did you think of this now?”

Rithesh gave a big smile.

Vinay : “Jab pyar kiya toh darna kya..Jab pyar kiya toh darna kya”

Me : “O singer, tell me… what about you. Found someone?”

Vinay: “No Dude.”

Rithesh: “What no? Akash, he too has one. One from the other batch. Her name is Meghana.”

Vinay: “Hey! No dude. This guy has gone crazy. Nothing like that.”

Arjun: “shut up man..Didn’t you say she is cute and all that?”

Vinay: “That I said. But...”

Me: “aah...Aah…look at him…hey buddy...come on…you like her? Are you going to tell her that or not?”

Vinay:” Even you Akash?!! Come on! , I like her, but, it’s not what you guys think.”

Everyone started to tease him.


Me: “Listen, you tell the truth and go and tell her what you feel. If you don’t, seriously, I will go and propose her. Then, don’t tell me I snatched her from you”

Everybody was laughing, and Vinay was irritated. But, it was fun for us.

Vinay (annoyed): “Do whatever, I am not in love with her or something. These guys are just talking nonsense.”

Me: “Oh really?!! Then show me that girl, I will go and propose her. I am sure if you liked her, she should be good.”

Vinay was about to say something and then,

Arjun: “Look, look, here she is, this is the Meghana we are talking about. Look Akash!!”

All turned towards the direction Arjun was pointing.

I was shocked, it was her, my ANAMIKA… I know her name now, ‘Meghana’ it is, but, I am not sure if I was to be happy that, I finally know her name! Or to be sad and confused that my best buddy likes her? I didn’t know what I had to do?

My smile had vanished. I couldn’t tell these guys that she was that beautiful girl I fell in love with in that rain!. I was not sure if Vinay was serious about her, but, if he was, I didn’t know what I was going to tell him?. I can’t fight with him for anything, but, I was already so madly in love with her that, I can’t let her go so easily. I hated this state of mine.

By that time our lecturer had arrived and we had to get back to our seats.

 My mind was disturbed with some questions that I had no answers for…

Should I be Possessive? Or Should I sacrifice?

No comments:

Post a Comment