Thursday 1 November 2012

"Just Another Love Story" (scene 4)


Scene 4 : “Roll Call”

Now, I was curious to know more about that girl. I couldn’t take her thoughts off my mind. The first meeting with her was playing in loop in my mind. I went to the room 604, for the first session after lunch, which was Computer Science. I didn’t feel like talking to anyone, as I didn’t want to be distracted from that beautiful thought. I quietly went in and took a seat in one of the back benches.

It was still 5 more minutes to the bell, and everyone had slowly started to walk in. Some noise distracted me from my wonderful world of thoughts, I was annoyed.   When I looked up, towards the door, more people were walking into the class. I didn’t give it a lot of attention in the beginning, but, when I noticed that many of those who were walking in were from the statistics batch, I was curious. I was waiting for her to walk in. In sometime, everyone had entered the classroom except her. I was sad this time, I know that we are going to have computer science hours together and this girl has not come for the first hour itself!! . After some time even our lecturer arrived. My mood was off this time, it was as if I was missing something very badly, and had no interest in what was going on in the class. The lecturer had begun with the introduction and she was explaining something to the class, but, I was not listening to her. I hung my head down and was still thinking.

After sometime, there was a voice, when I looked up it was her…My Anamika..( I am yet to find her real name).

ANAMIKA :  “ Excuse me..Ma’am.  May I come in. “

All Excited,
I said: “yes! Yes...Please.”

Everyone including the lecturer looked at me and I gave an Idiot’s smile at them. Everyone in the class laughed. But, the girl at door looked serious. Looking at this even my smile vanished. This time I knew for sure, she was furious at me and I had not made a good impression on her.

Ma’am let her in to the class and she took a seat, and that was at the extreme end to where I was sitting. It was difficult for me to look at her from where I was sitting. I felt she had done this on purpose. But, I was happy that at least she is there and I had a chance to know her name today. Now, I was waiting for the roll call. But, it seemed like this ma’am was of those kind who calls the roll call at the end of the session. Man!, why don’t people understand? .

The next 40 minutes went normal, nothing interesting happened. I decided to listen to the lecture for some time. Ma’am was done with the portion for the day and she was about to call the attendance. That was most exciting part for me. I had decided not to miss even a second of that.  So when everyone was relaxing, I was concentrating. And she began to call out the names. And I was looking at my girl (too early to say but, she was). Ma’am went on calling every name and I was just waiting to see this girl respond and then I will know her name.

Ma’am: “Akash…Akash,,, Is he absent?”

Then Vinay tapped on my back and said “Akash…answer your attendance.”

I said “ Yes..sirr…oh..Yes Ma’am”.

Vinay : “ What is happening Dude! You were sleeping or something?!”

Me : “ No. There is something I need to tell you. Will tell you after the class”

It took me some time to get back to my task of knowing the name. But, ma’am had already finished with all the names and it seemed like I had missed that crucial moment. I was furious, I stared at Vinay. He was responsible for that I felt. Vinay looked puzzled, he didn’t know what was going on.

Then, the stats batch moved to their next class and we moved to ours. I was all sad again. I had to think of an alternative approach. This time I had made up my mind and had decided that I will be approaching her directly, come what may!.

No comments:

Post a Comment