Monday 5 November 2012

"Just Another Love Story" (scene 6)

Scene 6 :“The Next day”
That Tuesday everybody in the college campus was happy, for we knew that it was all college Bandh that day. It was the first Bandh for us in that college. Everybody was happy for getting a day out of class rooms and getting to spend a whole day in the campus of our college. Yes, happy for, the campus of St Aloysius College was one of the best in the whole city. For those who have experienced it, that is the best one in the whole world. 


When you enter the college gate, A bunch of friendly guards welcome you, a beautiful inter-locked footway covered with the leaves from the trees around, this way leads one to the front of one of the oldest buildings in the college, approximately 130 years old. This place is very special to every Aloysian. This is the place where a lot of dreams were made, a lot of hearts met, a lot of tears and happiness were shared. Yes, we call it ‘Katte’, a place that had many trees, huge ones to small ones, each having their boundaries laid with stones to create a Platform, where we could sit, spend time under the shade and talk. Every Katte usually will be occupied. During autumn, every space available in this area will be covered with leaves.


That particular day, the space was jam packed. So much chit chats and so much fun, it was a special day. When I entered the gates that day, the previous day’s incident was repeatedly playing in my mind. I couldn’t smile at the welcoming guards. I couldn’t see the beauty of the path and the building. I didn’t feel like looking for anyone I knew. I walked to one Katte and quietly sat there. Didn’t see who was around and I didn’t hear what everybody was talking. I just sat there, not moving a muscle after that. I was sad, I was confused. I wanted to sacrifice and be possessive, both at the same time. I was alone, when there were thousand people around.


Then, I felt a tap on my shoulder, it was a friendly one. I paused from my thoughts for a moment and looked at the person whose hand was still on my shoulder. It was Vinay, my best buddy. He was smiling at me, I smiled back.


Vinay: “Hi Man. came early?”

Me: “No...No...I came at around 8:15”

Vinay: “That is a long time AK. It’s 9:10 now.”

Me: “Oh. I didn’t know how the time passed.”

Vinay: “aah... What’s on buddy? Some girl or something?”

Me: “Duh! No. What girl? I was just thinking about some random things.”

Vinay: “What happened to you now? You were alright yesterday. Something at home?”

Me: “No…Not at all. All is good. It’s just I was thinking. Nothing serious. You, tell me about Meghana. What did you decide?”   (I was pretending to be smiling, but, I was not able to. My mind was still fluctuating between Sacrifice and Possessiveness)

Vinay: “Akash!  Come on man. You started it again. You believed those dumb guys?”

I saw a bit of hope for myself here.  I wanted to hear more.

Me: “Come on. Don’t hide.”

Vinay: “I am not hiding anything. It was that idiot Arjun who was trying to pull my leg. There is nothing like that. Why will I lie to you if I have something like that in my mind? You are my brother.”

Me: “You are sure Right?”
Vinay: “Absolutely.”

I was happy now. I wanted to hug him. But, he will not know for what. So I just put my hand around this shoulder and smiled.

Me: “Ok. Leave that. Did you meet others? ”

Vinay: “No. They will be late I guess. No one came yet.”

We sat quietly for 2 minutes. Then, Vinay spoke,

Vinay: “hey AK, you said something the other day in the class. You said you had to tell me something. Do you have any plan of telling that anytime?”

Me: “Oh. That! Nothing important. Leave it.”

Vinay: “Whatever it may be.., you need to tell me. It will be some time pass till the idiot gang arrives. Tell AK”

Me: “Hmmmm.. you remember the incident I told the other day in class? About the girl and the rain?”

Vinay: “Yes!! What about that?”

Me: “I think I am in love with her. I don’t know if I am actually. But, I have been thinking only about her most of the time since that day, that incident is disturbing me all the time. I feel like I just want to keep looking at her all the time. I like the rain now, and every time I walk to college, I wish that incident repeats itself. No other girl seems interesting to me now. If this is what they call love. I think I am in Love”

Vinay: “oh my god. I have no doubt dude. You have decided to commit suicide. I mean commit to love. So much is going in your mind and you didn’t tell me anything? I thought I am you friend.”

Me: “Come on Vinay. You are the only one who knows it now. I have not told this to anyone else. You are not just my friend. You are my brother.”

Vinay punched on my shoulder smiling.

Vinay: “hmmm…so what is your plan now? Have you met that girl? Are you going to tell her what you feel? If you won’t, seriously, I will go and propose her. Then, don’t tell me I snatched her from you.”

He was laughing. I didn’t at first but, then I knew him, and I too joined him. I was relaxed now.

Vinay: “Now, Tel me did you Meet her? Is she from our year? Don’t tell me you are hitting on a senior?”

Me (Laughing): “I saw her. Didn’t meet her personally yet and thankfully she is from our year. Moreover, she is in the stats batch!”

Vinay: “OMG! Really? The same stats batch!. Now I believe in destiny. Now, tell me who that is. Or I will kill you. “

Me: “You know her. Don’t be shocked if I tell you.”

Vinay: “what?!!Who is that?.”

Me: “Meghana.”

Vinay: “Meghana, That same girl!? You are not trying to pull my leg this time right?”

Me: “Yes. Seriously it’s her. This is what I wanted to tell you the other day. But then they said you like her. And I didn’t know how to tell you. ”

Vinay: “Arre. O Hero. You were trying to sacrifice? Even If I liked her, you were the one to meet her first. She is yours idiot. I will never forgive you if you dare do such sacrifices.”

Me: “Sorry man. I just believed what they said. Sorry, if I have hurt you. I can’t lose you man”

Vinay: “same here. Now chuck it. Tell me, did you see her today? You told her you like her?”

Me: “No. I don’t know how to tell that. Whenever I see her, I go dumbstruck.”

Vinay: “Hmmmm.”

Vinay: “I have a bad news for you AK.”

Me: “Bad news? What bad news?”

Vinay: “yesterday after you guys left, I met Meghana on the way. She told me that Deepak went to her and told that I like her.”

Me: “What! What did she tell? Hope she didn’t slap you or scream at you. If she did, forget, after all she is you bhabhi”

Vinay: “No. I would have been happy if she did that. Instead, she said, even she likes me and wanted to tell this to me from long time. She was happy to know that I like her.”

His words were like Lightening strike on me, first they said He likes her, still I had a chance, now! She likes him, which means, I am out of the game. I couldn’t utter a word. I was just looking at his face and was broken.

Vinay: “Sorry man.”

Me: “It’s ok”

Hearing this he started laughing uncontrollably.

Vinay (Imitating me):“It’s Ok.”

He started running..I understood he was joking…I was chasing him..

Me: “idiot!!…how dare you? You are a dead man today.”

This time even I was laughing.

5 comments:

  1. good one praveen really liked it...refreshed old memories...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goin good..................great good.......Romance looks like a born talent:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gud 1 praveen....u r really greate:)

    ReplyDelete