Thursday 30 August 2012

“The Rainbow Walk” by Praveen Prabhakar & Photography

Good Afternoon Everyone,

It’s my 4th day here, and I am happy with the response I got for my earlier posts. Today,I am back with another of my favorite pics and a little bit about the image.

Last year I had been to The Keoladeo National Park or Keoladeo Ghana National Park formerly known as the Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary in Bharatpur, Rajasthan. This was for winning “Momentsthatclickatwipro” the photography contest conducted by WIPRO and CANON.

We were a group of  7 who visited from WIPRO and joined a group called “Nature Wanderers”. It was my first time to any Bird Sanctuary. To say the truth I was never interested in shooting birds,or may be never tried. But,this time I had the best opportunity, as I was going to the best bird sanctuary in India. It’s huge. and the Variety of birds is just amazing. And mind you it is not a natural sanctuary,it was man Made!!!.

I have a lot of pics that are close to my heart from this trip,birds and landscape and people , I have some shots I am proud of and will be posting all those in the coming days.

Today I want to show you a landscape shot, one that I am proud of.

Title : “The Rainbow Walk”
Location: “The Keoladeo National Park

EXIF :1/40sec, F/13 @82mm, ISO-400,Metering Mode : Spot. Postprocessd in PS CS5.

 Story : When the sun rises above the horizon, chirping birds starting their days chore, that soothing sound of flowing water with wind that flow bringing energy to every bit of your life, Bharatpur is just a treat to your eyes. And if you decide to take a walk, I bet you will never forget it. You might not want to go back from that place. That morning reminds you of the saying that “The heaven is not above the sky,but under it”.

The “Golden hours” are the best time for photography(when the sun is below or near the horizon). And here I was with my camera looking standing at one of the beautiful locations,at the Golden hour and an “eye” that was craving for some shots.

We started the walk and saw a lot of birds,clicked some,just kept looking at some(sometimes when you see beautiful things you don't want to click,but just let it flow down your vein and keep it there forever). Other people were walking in front of me and cos I like spending a lot of time with a subject and click it from every possible I can, I was left behind,and I like it as I had no one disturb me,no one between me and those birds.

That was a great trip one that will always stay in my memories and that location, I am sure I will be visiting it again and again for umpteenth of time.

I came back home, started processing the images,posted some and was happy. The Bharatpur trip episode was over. A lot of days had passed,I had been shooting in different locations, with breaks in between.

I don't delete any of the pics I have clicked,even if it’s just junk I like to keep it,as I believe what I lose is just some space in my hard-disk,but what I gain is a lot of materials to learn.Occasionally I revisit those pics and review them. During Such a review,one day I found some pictures from the Bharatpur trip,that I had overlooked and had not bothered to process. This one was one of those. I like the composition,the light and the mood and was banging my head on why I missed it.?.

Better late than never, so, I spent time on the image, processed it (the multicolor you see if completely post processing).

Interpretation:  I thought always, looking up towards the sky,
Heaven must be there..above those clouds,
it must be a place where all my sorrows would disappear,
all I will have is peace,calm and beauty.

Craving for that unseen land, I had been sad,
waiting for my turn to reach up there,
I had spent time reaching nowhere.

Then, I was here,
just for a Morning walk…

In The birds that I saw,
the wind that touched me,
the sun that welcomed me,
the water that I drank
and In the people who walked with me,
I saw something special,
something I had not seen before
or had been ignorant about.

Oh my my,
this is what I wanted..
 a place that is beautiful,
full of peace and calm
and with people who love me and would walk along.

I had found my Heaven, I had found it finally,
Not beyond the sky,but,under my feet
and everywhere I looked.

Lesson Learnt: Never delete your pictures,dump it, and revisit, every revisit you do you will find some gems hidden under the ash. Those pics can be the best resource you will ever get in your learning curve.
Don’t close your eyes to the things around and crave for something that you have just heard. Try to see beauty in everything around you and everything you do. Remember, “The Heaven is not above the Sky,but, under it.”

So…that was a long one…hope I didn't bore you to death. Do keep your feedback's coming. Thanks for reading. Will back tomorrow,with another pic :)

Cheers,
Praveen Prabhakar Nair

No comments:

Post a Comment