Friday 31 August 2012

“Long Legs” by Praveen Prabhakar & Photography

Hi Friends,

I am glad at the response my last 4 posts have received. If any of you have not read them yet then, do follow the below link and read them :)

Its Friday, and everybody is just waiting for a fun-filled weekend. Fridays have always been special for me. As my parents live abroad in Dubai, and there Friday is weekly off, it’s the day I get to talk to them for long durations. When I was a Kid, I used to wait for Friday so that I could speak to my Dad :) .
Why am I telling all these here?..there is a reason. Friday is special for another reason…that is for the below picture….

Title : “Long Legs”
Location : Al Ain Zoo,Al Ain,UAE

Story : Last  year when I had visited my parents in Dubai, I had my DSLR with me. I had been done a lot of searches on the internet as to know what are the places where I have to go and click some pictures. In my search, I had not come across this ZOO. Al-Ain zoo. one of the best I have visited ( even though I have not visited many yet!! ).

Saturday to Friday, my Dad and brother used to be at office and it was not possible for me to go and see far away places. So on those days I used to wait till they get back in the evening, and used to visit the places inside Dubai and Sharjah. On Fridays, we used to leave home early and go to far away states like Abudhabhi and Al-Ain. And on one such Fridays, dad took me to this Zoo.

It was around 400kms drive, and we reached there in around 3 hours. When we reached there, in the entrance was a pic of a Lion. Something like which we see in the movies. Majestic and strong. It fueled my excitement. We roamed around for 3 hours inside the zoo. Yes 3 hours, and we didn’t really see the whole area as it is around 900 acres of land :) . we saw only the main parts which was home for Lions,Panther,Wild Cats, Many exotic Birds, Meerkut etc.

1)1/400sec,F/5.6 @200mm, ISO-400


































2)1/250,F/5.6 @200mm, ISO-400

3) 1/2000sec, F/4.5 @ 105mm, ISO – 400


4) 1/640sec, F4.2 @ 80mm, ISO-400


5) 1/640sec, F/5.6 @200mm, ISO-400


All the above animals and birds, I had seen at least once in my life. but there was something that I had never seen before except on TV.

It was a Giraffe…yes I had not seen them before and here there were a group of them living in open, with some hippos.with The Hill on the backdrop, going around doing their daily routine. They were of every size. And I was excited. As I have the habit of spending more time on a subject while shooting I had spent way too long time with Lion. ( yeah! Shooting them ;)   ) . My parents and brother (who also carried a DSLR) had moved in front and when I arrived at the location of the Giraffe’s. I got a shocker. My brother told me He had pictured the Giraffe drinking water. First I said, What is in it?. But, later when I saw the pic. I was like “Damn!! Why did I miss that”. I was sad at first, but then I decided what ever it is.. I will wait. And my family knowing me very well. they decided to sit and take rest. And I was moving around waiting for at least one of the Giraffe’s to feel thirsty. But, even after 45 minutes past, it seemed like I will have to go back disappointed. I almost gave up and was going back to were my family were sitting. And all of a sudden.Some one said .. “Look!! ” and..

 1/1000sec, F/4.2 @ 86mm, ISO-400



One of those big fellas was thirsty. And I ran closer and clicked like a soldier with a machine gun. In Continuous shutter.I really didn’t think about anything but,composition.

Once both of us had quenched our thirst.( The Giraffe and Myself !! ). I decided to sit down and review.

Interpretation :   “Everybody, from the tiniest to the mightiest has their own problems” We usually look at others and say man, he is so rich,he should be very happy. Man he is so tall he should feel very good. Oh..She is so beautiful, she must be enjoying her life.

But, as the universe has it, there is no one without problems. It is just that,those who are successful accept it and gear up and face their problems and defeat it.

“Success tastes best when you have faced obstacles to achieve it.”

Lesson : Problem is there in everyone's life, you just have to stand up to it,look into its eyes and say..”I am game!! Bring it on…” and give it the best punch you can give. And you will see yourself over it in no time!!!


So,that’s the end of today's post. Thanks for reading. Will be back soon with another post. Keep your feedback’s coming.


Cheers
Praveen Prabahakar Nair

No comments:

Post a Comment