Thursday 30 August 2012

“Colorful Love” by Praveen Prabhakar & Photography

Hi All,

First of all Let me wish everyone a very happy Onam :) . At office on an Onam day doesn’t feel great :( But,still this blog keeps me fine.

I hope you guys have read my last post “The Blue Drop” and liked it? Today on a new day I am back with another post. Today being a special day, I have two pics to show you guys. Both clicked on the same day. Almost one after the other,same location and settings.

Title : “Colorful Love”
Location : Bannerghatta Butterfly Park.

Requirement : Again a lot of patience, good whether, and a Lot of Luck!!! Yes!! Luck is very important.(especially at this location).

EXIF :  1/200sec , F/5.6 @200mm , ISO – 1600 ( Reason for this? I will explain) , Subject Distance 1.1m . No Flash , Processed in PS CS5.


The Story :  On a fine Saturday, one of my college mate came down to Bangalore on an official work,following which he was at my place. After some bowling and beer on Saturday, we decided to go somewhere the next day,that’s on the Sunday. But, as always I couldn’t get up early on that Sunday and all our plans didn't seem like happening. After lunch that day,we thought lets go somewhere near by, somewhere I can click some pictures and he can enjoy too!..As I live in J.P.Nagar and from a long time I wanted to click some butterflies, we decided to go to Bannerghatta Butterfly Park. I can click some butterflies and he can have a look at some “Butterflies” (   ;)   ) .

We reached the place at around 3 in the afternoon. I had so much expectations from the place. Had cleared my 16gb memory card and thought most of the memory will be utilized. As we entered the park, we saw one butterfly, that was beautiful. The expectations grew. This butterfly was very active and clicking it when there are a lot of people around (as it wont sit idle) was difficult even then I got some clicks of it.

We moved past that butterfly and kept looking for something more colorful. Something that can make your day!. For my disappointment, that butterfly park really didn't have many butterflies. hardly 4-5 varieties,and most of them not so interesting. We walked till 4:30 and didn't get any clicks that I could be happy with. My friend looked at my face and gave that smile, which meant “aah…bad luck man!!” . I smiled back at him and told, “Man!!this is how it happens. Who ever you are ,things don’t happen as you wish. If it has to happen it will happen. If I have to get a good picture,the subject will come to me. If not, we will walk whole day and we will have nothing”.
and then…

We walked approximately ten steps, and I saw this one, came from no where and was sitting on a flower plant very close to where we were standing!!!…



I didn't know what to do!!..for a minute I was just not moving.!!. Then i started clicking(forgot to change back the ISO that I had changed for a shot earlier at a not so illuminated area). I clicked some shots standing a lot far from this guy,as I didn't want to scare him off. But,for my surprise! it seemed as if he was posing for me, I felt even if I touch him he wouldn't fly away. I took a chance and moved very close to him.  I was very happy now.and clicked some pics and the one above was one of them.
As I was clicking……

Another butterfly, I think, partner of this earlier one, came flying…and….





sat on the same plant..both of them facing each other..at the beginning there was some distance between them but,just when i was pressing the shutter, they moved in a way which I felt was to kiss each other. And I, the most happiest man in the world that day clicked them to my heart content.
And that day was the best day of my shooting life. I don’t think something like that will ever happen with me again.But, every time I look at these pictures , a smile always appears on my face. :)

Interpretation :  Love is everywhere. From the smallest to the largest every life has love. We need to have the eye to see it and heart to respect it.

Lesson Learnt : Have a lot of patience. If you give your best, best things will come your way and when they do just grab it. Wait! for the result can be Special.

And with that, its end of today's post. Again, thanks for taking time and reading it. If you liked it or not please do give feedback's. How can I improve? how do I become better? waiting for your response. Bye for now.!


Cheers
Praveen Prabhakar Nair

No comments:

Post a Comment