Wednesday 29 August 2012

"The Blue Drop" by Praveen Prabhakar & Photography

Hi Folks,

Hope you guys have read my intro post?If not, here is the link... http://ppnphoto.blogspot.in/2012/08/praveen-prabhakar-photography-introduced.html?spref=fb


As Promised, I am back with my post that would take you through some of my works that are close to my heart. As far as my photographic gear is concerned I have a Nikon D5100 + 18-55mm + 55-200mm. (Yeah! Nothing fancy).


So without much ado let me start it!!!

Title: "The Blue Drop"

Location : My Bathroom ;)

Requirement : Patience( a Hell a lot of it!!).. A Water Tap ( yeah !! with flowing water :p ) , a Tray( preferably transparent), a plain sheet of paper(to be placed at the base of the tray. You may use different colours inorder to give the drop that colour,or you can do it in Postprocessing anytime).



EXIF : 1/200sec, ISO-100, F/5.6 @ 55mm(55*1.6 for 35mm equivalent) , Postprocessed in PS CS5)








The story : Every photography enthusiast will have some clicks that they would want to try at least once. This was one of them!!. I had seem so many clicks of simple water drops,that were striking even with such simple subject. One day I decided to get into the bathroom and try my luck!!. I had an old flash gun that I used in this ( unfortunately no remote trigger). Was in the bathroom for around 1.5 Hours and got 2 clicks that I really liked. This one is my favorite.



Interpretation :We always give an ocean so much of importance. But,forget to see the drops that make it. An ocean may be great but,each drop that makes the ocean are greater. A man becomes great not just by his looks but by his inner characteristics that drive him.


Now, That you guys have seen and read about "The Blue Drop". I want you guys to tell me what do you think?. I have a doubt whether I should Include more pictures in a post and write less. Or The current style is fine?. Or it should be a different style altogether?. Any views and suggestions are welcome and will be appreciated.

Signing off for now. Will be back soon with my next post. Do come back.!!

Cheers,
Praveen Prabhakar Nair
https://facebook.com/ppandp

No comments:

Post a Comment