Friday 30 November 2012

"Just Another Love Story" (scene 10)


With Love, Akash:

I woke up from my sleep. I am in the ICU of The Indian Cancer Institute. It is the 13th day after I was admitted here. Mostly all of my relatives are standing around my bed, looking at me. In usual conditions so many people are not allowed into the ICU. But, today there is an exception, everybody seems sad. My mom is here sitting beside me, holding my hand, laying her head near my head. She is weeping. I wish I could move my hand and wipe her tears off. But I can’t. Four months ago, I was diagnosed with cancer. It was too late, and now I am going to die. I hardly have some hours or days left.

Only things that keep me alive are my past with Meghana. Those are some lovely memories that I would take with me to my grave. The cancer has taken its toll on me. My mom is here with me. I wish Meghana was here too. It would have been good to bid adieu to the world holding the hands of both the women I love the most. But, how will she come here, for I had given her so much of pain that she hates me now. The few years that we spent together, were the best years of my life.

I can’t see my loved ones crying.( I close my eyes.)

…..

The next day, I took a little extra time to get ready. I had to make sure I looked better than ever that day. My mom was surprised seeing me spend so much time in deciding the cloths. I usually wear whatever I get first from the wardrobe.  I had good breakfast and left home. The buses will be crowded in the morning and I didn’t want my look to be spoilt.

Soon, I reached college. It was still early. Most of the students were yet to come. I sat on the Katte, under the biggest tree there for some time. I felt as if the trees were wishing me luck. I had a smile on my face, and that nervousness you can’t explain. After some time, I got up from there and started to walk towards the classroom, smiling at everyone I met on the way. Finally, the day was here.

When I walked into the classroom, the song ‘pehla nasha….Pehla khumaar..Naya pyaar hai naya intezaar’ was playing on some one phone. I walked into the class and sat on the first bench. I was lost, I was thinking about what will happen when I give the letter to Meghana, and how we would be together forever and ever.

Then, I was interrupted by someone’s artificial coughing sound. When I looked towards the sound, I realized I was actually sitting next to a girl in the class. It was supposed to be a female only bench.

Me: “oh…I am sorry…!!”

And I turned to get up from there and move to a bench behind, I noticed some one was waiting for me to get up so that she could sit. I looked at the face and it was Meghana. I stood up, I was standing in front of her. I couldn’t take my eyes of her, I couldn’t move. She waited for some time and then, entering from the other end she sat on the bench I was still looking at her. Only a pat on the back from Vinay, who had just walked in brought me back.

Vinay: “Dude! Control…she will be yours soon and then you can eat her off. Wait till then”

Me: “hatt….”
We walked to the next bench and sat there. I was sitting just behind Meghana. I could sit and watch her for a long time from so close, for the first time. I was happy and Vinay was looking at me and giving a sarcastic smile.

Vinay: “ahem ahem…. Akash, it’s too hot here. Let’s sit on some back bench.”

Me: “I am fine here. I can’t hear the lecture properly from last.”

Vinay: “oh…Lecture!!”

I speaking with Vinay about many things, but, still looking at Meghana.

Then Kiran, my class mates came to my desk.

Kiran: “hey Akash. ”

Akash: “Hi Kiran.”

Kiran: “Hey do me a favor. Can you give me your Computer Science note book? I will return in 10 minutes. I was absent yesterday and have to note down yesterdays class notes.”

Akash: “hey! No problem.” I looked for the Note book and handed it over to her.

She took it and went to her desk. Because she asked the book I was reminded of the Letter. I just wanted to make sure that was there in my bag. I looked in all the note books and I couldn’t find it in any of them. I was sad. I must have left the book at home. So much hope I came with and now, it will be delayed again.

I was mad at myself, how can I do such a silly mistake? Why didn’t I make sure it is there when I left home? I can’t go back home and get it too. What if mom finds it? I was asking So many questions to myself.

Then, Kiran, came back,

Kiran: “Akash!”

Me: “Yes Kiran. Tell me. What happened?”

Kiran: “I found this in that book. Don’t want to lose it so thought I will give it back right away.”
She had that letter in her hand. It was not opened yet.  I took it and was quickly keeping it back in my pocket. Vinay held my hand,

Vinay: “What is that? Show me what is it..?”

Me: “Hey! Nothing. Just a paper.”

Vinay: “Just a paper ha? Let me see.”

Me: “No No…”

By then he had already pulled that letter off my hand. He read the cover.

Vinay: “With Love from Akash. To Meg…ahem ahem…”

Vinay: (loud)“Love letter?..A love letter!!! Oh oh o….”

Everybody including Meghana was looking at us. I grabbed the letter from his hand and placed in my pocket.

Akash: “Vinay..Are you crazy?"

Vinay: “no..not me..but,…you are…crazy..crazy about..Mezz..Ahem ahem”

The Class bell rang…

2 comments:

  1. Waiting for the next posts....
    Had a great going with the story on an one sit...

    Am interested to know more about Akash how is he now? Did he survive the cancer etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very well bro....sad to know about akash....
    waiting for next scene....!! :)

    ReplyDelete