Tuesday 4 September 2012

“Mom & Me ” by Praveen Prabhakar & Photography

Hi All,

After taking a small breather for two days, I am back. This time with one of the candid shots that I took last December, this picture is one of my most favorites and I think is one of my best captures.!!!

Disclaimer : This Story is mostly Fiction and any of the names that have been used are imaginary.

Title : “Mom & Me”

Location : Dubai.

Story: I was in Dubai, visiting my parents for a small duration. It was a Thursday, and kind of like a Saturday in INDIA. That is most of the working people have half day on Thursdays. And it is the day, when most of the guys plan for some get together, party and enjoy. There was such a get together at our house, the occasion was The Birthday of one family friend. And as usual, around 30 people gathered that day. There was music, Drinks, Food and lots of fun!!! . Cutting of the cakes and the birthday wishes went on for sometime. The Music was still playing loud and some shaking their legs here and there.!!

It was a great evening, everybody seemed to be enjoying. Dinner had already begun. Suddenly someone noticed Mrs.Sunita and her Daughter Srushti, who had come for the party, missing!!. Everyone was tensed. They had not informed anybody before leaving the room. We looked inside the whole house,but, they were not to be seen. Someone even tried calling her on her phone, but she seemed to have left her bag with the phone in the room itself. No one knew where to look again. And then, one from the search party came running and told everybody that there is something he wanted to show. No one other than that guy knew what it was and already tensed, everyone silently started following the guy, he was taking us to the terrace. We lived on the top floor of the apartment, and even though no one usually went there, the terrace was accessible from our house. He asked us not to make any noise and pointed towards something.

And we saw, Mrs.Sunita and her daughter at one corner of the terrace, having some fun time. Srushti in her mother’s arm was singing some song, which seemed cute,cos she was very small to properly pronounce any of the words. And her mother was helping her where ever she forgot the lines. Then they started gazing at the sky and then at each other. I had my camera hanging around the neck and that photographers instinct told me I should be capturing this moment. There was enough light, even though it was night. And I decided to click in continuous mode. Just before I was pressing the shutter for the first click, they burst into laughter for some reason and I could capture this,

EXIF : 1/200sec , F/4.5 @ 82mm , ISO-100. 



Looking at this, someone in our  group to laughed and the mother-daughter duo became aware of our presence and smiled at us. We all went to them and someone asked what they were doing there without even informing. Mrs. Sunita said, “I was not hungry and so didn’t want to have dinner tonight. When Srushti told me “mom lets have dinner” I said I was not hungry but I will feed you. Srushti asked me to take her to the terrace. When we came here with the food Srushti told “Mom look up” pointing to the sky. Not understanding why she was showing the sky I asked her what she was trying to do. At this Srushti told “Mom!! This is how you make me eat. Now, I will feed you!!” And so we both were enjoying our dinner.

Interpretation :

Mom,

When you close your eyes, and think of me,
These are the things I would like you to see,
The girl who loves you so very much,
The girl who smiles at the joy of your touch,
The girl who smiles when you walk in the room,
The girl who laughs when others see gloom,
The girl who looks for the good where others see bad,
The girl who chooses to be happy rather than sad.

When you think of me these are the things I’d like you to feel,
Some things that when you are feeling sad might appeal,
In the rays of the sun that shines for a while,
Feel then, the warmth of my loving smile,
In the drops of the rain that gently hisses,
Feel then, the gentleness of my kisses,
In the breeze that blows gently against your face,
Feel then, my arms holding you in loving embrace,
Remember all these whenever you feel doubt or fear,
And know that in my heart and soul I am always near.
- Anonymous.

Thank you for reading guys. The post might not have excited many, and I am sorry for that. Somehow I feel my mind is disturbed for some reason today. Still tried to type down whatever I could imagine. The poem in the interpretation is one of my favorites written by someone, I don’t know who?. But, it has that special feel to it. Will be back soon with a settled mind with my next post. Keep supporting!!

Cheers,
Praveen Prabhakar Nair

No comments:

Post a Comment